You Had Me at Nutella and Other New Obsessions
New year, new menu items. It only makes sense! We spent the end of 2012 crafting and testing (and crafting and testing, crafting and testing…) some new dishes and cocktails that are oh so Datzy! They made their debut on Saturday and made some instant fans. Here are just a few of our new favorites.
Let’s break it down by meal and get this deliciousness underway:
(Yes, we believe that cocktails can be considered their own meal for these purposes. Our famous Datz-a-Mary has bacon, right?)
- Prickly Pear Mimosa – OK this one is a swoon-worthy dazzler. Did ya hear us? We said swoon-worthy dazzler. Sparkling wine is spiked with mandarin/tangerine puree and prickly pear syrup from Cheri’s Desert Harvest. We finish it of wit a fresh kiwi slice and prickly pear pate de fruit.
- Gasparilla Milk Punch – Buffalo Trace Bourbon, 360 Madagascar Vanilla Vodka, Torres Brandy, milk, and sugar over ice. We like this creamy dreamy cocktail so much we are keeping it on the menu long after we’ve put away the eye patches and beads.
- The Datz Mule – Here’s what you need to know: the Moscow Mule is a ‘50s era cocktail that has battled its way out of obscurity and into super popularity. Even Oprah, yes, THAT Oprah, recently named it one of her favorite things. What’s so lovely? It’s a bracing blend of Tito’s handmade vodka, Fever-tree ginger beer, and fresh lime juice. Super refreshing and addictive. It’s also served in neato copper mug as dictated by tradition.
- Pink Lady Apple – We are so very proud to serve our first house-infused vodka in this pretty, pink drink. Our vodka has the unmistakable sweet-tart smack of red apple Jelly Belly® jelly beans that we steeped in it! Alongside cranberry juice, fresh lime juice and a moon-sized slice of crunchy apple, this drink puts a real Big Apple twist on the Cosmo that Carrie Bradshaw made famous!
(Saturday and Sunday only)
- You had Me at Nutella – No doubt, this one is the new darling! After two days on the menu it already has a cult following. We stuff doughnut bread with Nutella, strawberries, and honey cream cheese and then press the whole thing panini style. Added bonus: the doughnut bread is made right next door at Dough, our soon-to-be spin off. Open to the public this spring.
- Pirate Pancakes – Yo, ho, ho and some syrup with rum! That’s right, these chocolately devil’s food pancakes are smothered in coconut-rum syrup. Topped with toasted coconut and a skull-n-crossbones flag, these cakes are fit for the most indulgent pirate. Order these now: they are a seasonal offering that will go bye-bye this spring.
- The Hot Mess – This thing looks a little disheveled, but it tastes like a million bucks. We pile high tender bistro filet, scrambled eggs, caramelized onions and mushrooms on a toasted hoagie roll and smother with our house-made chimichurri/hollandaise sauce. Because hangover food never goes out of style!
- When Pigs Fly – Introducing the Datz bacon flight – because bacon deserves to be the star of the show! Featuring five varieties: Benton’s hickory smoked bacon, jowl bacon, back bacon, peppered bacon, and Nueske’s applewood smoked bacon. These beauties are served alongside premium accompaniments like Vosges chocolates, balsamic glaze, maple syrup, and red chili pepper jam.
- Mary had a Little Lamb – A simple name for a sophisticated dish. Rosemary / za’atar rubbed New Zealand lamb lollipops served with pistachio cranberry quinoa, grilled lemon and Meyer lemon/mint oil. The aroma alone turns heads in the dining room!
Are you sufficiently tempted? Come in and see us!